10 Digital Technology (Full year option)
Teacher in Charge: Miss C. Greenwood
This course will focus on learning skills, theory and concepts in Digital Media, Information Management, Programming and Technological Process. This will help prepare students for NCEA for Year 11. The course will be theme based, focussing on raising awareness around a topic in business study that will be selected from a teacher-provided menu of choices at the beginning of the year. The skills and concepts we will focus on include:
- Logo - design and create a logo for your business using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and associated tools
- Animations – create an animation profiling/promoting your business topic that is appropriate for displaying on a website, using Adobe Animate
- Website Design – design and create a website to promote and raise awareness of your business, using HTML5 and CSS
- Game Design – further develop coding skills by designing a game using Scratch v2, Gamefroot, Construct 2 and many other platforms
- Print Media and Information Management - design and create word processed documents (letters, A4 posters and news sheets using Word), and desktop publishing (brochures using Publisher or InDesign). Students will follow Technological process to plan and develop original designs and documents
Software applications include MS Office Suite (Word), AdobeCC (Photoshop, In Design, Dreamweaver, Animate and Illustrator), and Scratch.
Assessments: Project Work will be assessed during the year
We aim to enable every student to have the course that they prefer, however, some courses have limited places or pre-requisits that may restrict the student's choice.