10 Music (Full Year Course)
This full year course is for students with more experience and a keen interest in Music.
- To develop solo and group performance skills
- To develop musical knowledge and theory skills
- To work creatively
- Small group and solo performances
- Musical composition and songwriting in a range of styles and types
- Music technology including computers, keyboards, recording equipment etc.
- Theory, listening and research work.
Notes: Students must be prepared to work on improving their performance skills and should be having regular lessons. This course allows more advanced students to extend themselves into chamber music or other group performances (eg rock or jazz groups).
Recommended Prior Learning
Year 9 Core Music. Experience and lessons on an instrument or in voice.
We aim to enable every student to have the course that they prefer, however, some courses have limited places or pre-requisits that may restrict the student's choice.