10 Textiles & Design (full year option)
Teacher in Charge: Ms H. Huitema
- To give students the opportunity to work with a range of fabrics through the production of a variety of products.
- To give students an understanding of the fundamentals of fashion design.
- To give students a broad understanding of societal aspects of the fashion industry.
- To help prepare students for Year 11 Textiles and Design.
- Colour and design elements re clothing/designing.
- Applied design- free embroidery, applique, screen- printing, textiles techniques
- Fabrics - their performance, suitable use and care.
- The fashion industry – the good and the bad.
Patterns and woven fabrics- Students will create a circle skirt pattern and construct a skirt using this pattern- this may be a layered skirt, a rah-rah skirt and may be any length of the student’s choosing
Hoodie Design- students will sketch. design and make a hoodie from knit fabric based on the class pattern.
Fashion Store- In groups and as a collaboration with year 10 Spatial students will design a Fashion store and create a mini- range for this store
Charity Project- students will design and create a textiles gift using applied designs for Foster Care christmas gifts.
We aim to enable every student to have the course that they prefer, however, some courses have limited places or pre-requisits that may restrict the student's choice.