12 Business Studies
Teacher in Charge: Miss L. Smith
This course is designed to give students experience in running their own business. They will learn how both internal and external factors impact a businesses decision making and actions.
The course content touches on many aspects of business organisation including;
- Organisation structure, spans of control and supply chain
- Sustainability, corporate social responsibility and ethical decisions
- Understanding and interpreting financial information to make decisions
- The role and skills of successful managers
A large part of the course requires students to work effectively in teams. Students are encouraged to apply good communication and planning skills to ensure the successful completion of the community business plan.
The objectives of the course are to:
- Undertake a business activity which has a community focus
- Complete a market research activity individually
- Understand internal factors which affect the running of a business
- Understand how motivational theories can impact the success of a business
- Apply real life case studies and experience to business theories and concepts
Supports future study in:
Business, marketing, commerce and communication degrees, careers in business, marketing and human relations, international business and agribusiness.
Course Costs and Equipment/ Stationery requirements
We strongly recommend the purchase of L2 Business Studies Learning Workbook as a learning enhancement for around $35.00.
Recommended Prior Learning
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
Total Credits Available: 19 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 15 credits.
We aim to enable every student to have the course that they prefer, however, some courses have limited places or pre-requisits that may restrict the student's choice.