12 Legal Studies
Teacher in Charge: Mrs K. Martin
The Legal Studies course is designed to enable students to:
- Understand the role of law in society
- Understand the basic principles and processes of the NZ Legal System
- Understand how laws are made and amended in New Zealand
- Identify how law impacts on the lives of individuals and groups
- Develop an active understanding of consumer rights and responsibilities
The course content includes:
The Role of Law in Society, Law Making, Crime, Rights and Responsibilities, Contracts, Youth Justice, Consumer Law and Disputes Resolution.
Future Areas of interest and study: This course provides students with an introduction to the New Zealand legal system which can be continued on with at tertiary level.
Total Credits Available: 18 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 18 credits.
We aim to enable every student to have the course that they prefer, however, some courses have limited places or pre-requisits that may restrict the student's choice.