Teacher in Charge: Mrs S. John
- To develop an understanding of concepts, principles and models in physics;
- To develop the ability to use concepts, principles and models to explain physical phenomena;
- To appreciate how physics and physics-based applications impact on society
- To determine relationships, patterns and trends;
- To identify and explain applications of concepts and principles in physics.
- Practical Physics – Investigation leading to a non-linear mathematical relationship.
- Atomic and Nuclear Physics
- Waves – Light and Waves
- Mechanics – Motion, Forces, Momentum and Energy.
- Electricity – Static and DC Electricity, Electromagnetism.
Future Areas of interest and study: Tertiary study in physics, medicine, radiography, veterinary science, sports science, engineering, architecture, electronics and other technological subjects.
Recommended Prior Learning
Year 11 Physics
Total Credits Available: 23 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 16 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 7 credits.
We aim to enable every student to have the course that they prefer, however, some courses have limited places or pre-requisits that may restrict the student's choice.