Teacher in Charge: Mrs S. John
The Year 10 Science course continues to develop the knowledge and skills needed to understand and participate in a world that is becoming increasingly reliant on the advances of Science and Technology. This course will provide a good foundation for students continuing with Sciences from Year 11 onwards.
- Biology: Plant reproduction, Human reproduction and Whakapapa (Genetics)
- Chemistry: Atomic structure and Chemical Reactions.
- Physics: Electricity, Forces and Motion.
- Earth Science: New Zealand’s position on the tectonic edge.
Students will find that they enjoy the variety of learning contexts and experiences as they come to make sense of Science, what it can do, and what it enables us to do in our world.
- apply self management skills to identify strengths and set targets
- extend the base of science knowledge and skills
- be able to apply research, investigative and thinking skills using scientific and evidence based approaches
- be able to work collaboratively with others by adopting different roles
- exhibit different ways of communicating and relating to others.
- develop an understanding of different scientific perspectives, including an awareness of New Zealand’s position within the scientific world
We aim to enable every student to have the course that they prefer, however, some courses have limited places or pre-requisits that may restrict the student's choice.