This course requires 2 options.
In Year 11 Music you will experience:
- Performing in groups and as a soloist
- Composition (creating your own music, and using composer models)
- Developing general Musical Knowledge
- Developing listening and aural perception skills
- Investigating a broad range of musical genres
The course is designed to inspire students to explore a range of music styles through listening, analysis, performing and composing. With a hands on approach they will develop and reinforce musical literacy skills. Students will use technology such as computer apps, recording and sound techniques. They will also gain valuable insight through the opportunity to work with visiting performers.
Recommended Prior Learning
Year 9 and 10 Music. At least 2 years experience on your instrument or voice.
Total Credits Available: 6 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 6 credits.
We aim to enable every student to have the course that they prefer, however, some courses have limited places or pre-requisits that may restrict the student's choice.