Teacher in Charge: Mr R. Shankar
Objectives: To promote knowledge and understanding of accounting as a financial language for partnerships and companies that may be service, trading or manufacturing businesses.
- Describe and apply the conceptual basis of accounting in context
- Process financial information for partnerships and/or companies
- Process financial information for a manufacturing job-cost subsystem
- Report financial information for partnerships and/or companies
- Prepare a report which analyses and interprets a company’s financial report for external users
- Explain and prepare information for management decision making.
Future Areas of interest and study:
Commerce and Business degrees at Universities and Polytechnics, chartered accountants, auditing, data processing services, taxation services, management, general business/administration work, teaching, marketing, banking.
Course Costs and Equipment/ Stationery requirements
We strongly recommend the purchase of an Accounting workbook as a learning enhancement for around $40.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
This course is approved for University Entrance.
Total Credits Available: 22 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 9 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 13 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 22
Only students engaged in learning and achievement derived from Te Marautanga o Aotearoa are eligible to be awarded these subjects as part of the requirement for 14 credits in each of three subjects.
We aim to enable every student to have the course that they prefer, however, some courses have limited places or pre-requisits that may restrict the student's choice.