Teacher in Charge: Mrs J. Rainey
- To gain a basic understanding of chemical concepts and patterns
- To investigate and describe production, properties and uses of substances
- To carry out qualitative analysis
- To obtain, interpret and use a range of chemical information
- To gain practical skills in handling substances and manipulating equipment safely.
Quantitative Chemistry, Organic Substances, Chemical Reactivity (Reaction Rates, Equilibrium, Acids and Bases), Bonding, Structure, Properties and Energy Changes of Substances, Oxidation and Reduction Reactions.
Course Costs and Equipment/ Stationery requirements
$20 for Education Perfect, strongly recommended for learning enhancement.
Recommended Prior Learning
Year 11 Chemistry.
This course is approved for University Entrance.
Total Credits Available: 20 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 13 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 7 credits.
We aim to enable every student to have the course that they prefer, however, some courses have limited places or pre-requisits that may restrict the student's choice.