Teacher in Charge: Ms V. Le Cren
The Year 9 Option Music course is made up of the following aspects:
- Playing - in small groups and other ensembles on a range of instruments
- Creating - a variety of pieces in a range of genres
- Learning about music styles, eras and the language of music
- Listening - developing critical listening skills
- Music Technology including using apps, recording and sound equipment
The Year 9 Music Option can be taken by beginning students and by more advanced students. The course is tailored to the student’s individual skill level. Students will learn a different range of musical skills than they may have already covered in private music lessons or in the core music programme.
We aim to enable every student to have the course that they prefer, however, some courses have limited places or pre-requisits that may restrict the student's choice.