12 Physical Health Programme
Teacher in Charge: Ms C. McConachie
In this course students will:
- Participate in a Leadership Unit, which focuses on developing leadership and communication skills.
- Participate in summer and winter sport options.
- Develop personal fitness and a positive attitude towards being physical active for life long well being.
- Participate in units covering Sexuality, Careers, and Keeping Ourselves Safe
- Complete an 8 hour Red Cross First Aid Course.
This is a compulsory course.
Course Costs and Equipment/ Stationery requirements
Students need to bring their own sports clothes / sports shoes to change into for every PE lesson.
When swimming, students need to bring their own swimming togs, towel, swimming cap and goggles.
Assessment InformationStudents will have the opportunity to gain 2 Unit Standards credits on completion of a First Aid Course.
Total Credits Available: 2 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 2 credits.
We aim to enable every student to have the course that they prefer, however, some courses have limited places or pre-requisits that may restrict the student's choice.