Level 2 Sports Science
Teacher in Charge: Ms C. McConachie
The Year 12 Sports Science course includes:
- An optional 3 day experience at Motutapu Outdoor Education Centre. This trip includes students participating in a range of outdoor activities, including kayaking, high ropes, stand up paddle boarding, confidence course and group challenges.
- Learning about anatomy, biomechanics and skill learning, relating to Volleyball.
- Improving student’s practical performance and social responsibility in Ultimate Frisbee and any chosen sport.
- Develop and apply group processes through a range of team activities.
- Plan and run a physical activity event
Recommended Prior Learning
Satisfactory completion of Year 11 Sports Science or HOD approval.
Course Costs and Equipment/ Stationery requirements
Optional Activities - Motutapu Outdoor Education experience ( approx cost $400), Tough Girl / Tough Guy Challenge ( approx cost $65 ).
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
Total Credits Available: 18 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 18 credits.
We aim to enable every student to have the course that they prefer, however, some courses have limited places or pre-requisits that may restrict the student's choice.