This course requires 2 options.
11 Sports Science
Teacher in Charge: Ms C. McConachie
The Year 11 Sports Science course will set you up for success in your future study of sports science.
The course content will include:
- Being taught to surf by professional instructors on surf camp (optional trip).
- Learning various circus skills (such as diablo, uni-cycling and juggling), then applying and examining strategies to improve performance in these skills.
- Applying knowledge of anatomical features, biomechanical principles and physiological responses to exercise in a Combat context.
- Demonstrating leadership and interpersonal skills in a group activity based on a Professional Handball Franchise Model and explain how these skills impact on those involved.
- Demonstrating how to be safe in a variety of practical settings, including an optional trip to the Wero Whitewater Park.
Course Costs and Equipment/ Stationery requirements
Optional Activities: Surf trip ( approx cost $275) and Wero Rafting trip (approx cost $60).
Total Credits Available: 5 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 5 credits.
We aim to enable every student to have the course that they prefer, however, some courses have limited places or pre-requisits that may restrict the student's choice.