This course requires 2 options.
9 Chinese Second Language
Teacher in Charge: Ms M. Lin
Chinese, with its rich cultural background and unique writing, is a most intriguing language. It is the most spoken language in the world and also the first language for many in our community. Learning Chinese will give you access to many opportunities regardless of the career path you choose.
The themes of the Year 9 beginners’ course are China, Chinese Characters, Introducing Yourself, and Making Friends. The topics are:
- Talking about yourself and your family
- Asking people about their personal details and their families
- Describing animals and talking about your pets
- Talking with your friends about the sports you are interested in
- Telling people about things you are good at.
You will also learn to write Chinese characters, explore Chinese calligraphy and experience a range of Chinese culture activities, such as paper cutting and making festival cards. You will learn Chinese through pair and group work, role plays, games, songs, competitions, interactive technologies and our textbook.
1. Introduction to China and Chinese Language
2. Introducing one another
1. Times and Dates
2. Whose is this?
3. My family and what they do
1. Pets, animals and Chinese zodiac signs
2. Countries, nationality and languages
3. I like.....
1. My friends and school
2. Food and drinks
Course Costs and Equipment/ Stationery requirements
Approx. $45 for Ni Hao 1 Student workbook; $20 Education Perfect (Note: One charge for all languages)
Recommended Prior Learning
This is a course for those who have little prior knowledge of Chinese.
We aim to enable every student to have the course that they prefer, however, some courses have limited places or pre-requisits that may restrict the student's choice.