Teacher in Charge: Dr C. Gavin
The year 10 philosophy course is designed to:
- Encourage critical thinking skills
- Promote collaboration and the ability to articulate logical thinking.
- Develop positive attitudes towards curiosity, learning and creative thought processes.
Throughout the year you will participate in fun collaborative activities and discussions.
You will create inquiries that explore relevant issues to your generation.
- Theory of knowledge and big ideas through the ages.
- Critical thinking relating to science and the media
- Ethical theories - justifying decisions in different scenarios.
- Applied Ethics- treatment of animals and our obligations to future generations and our planet.
- Citizenship- political ideas, justice and equality.
Develops key skills required in all learning, across school and life contexts.
We aim to enable every student to have the course that they prefer, however, some courses have limited places or pre-requisits that may restrict the student's choice.