12 Sports Science
Teacher in Charge: Ms C. McConachie
Recommended Prior Learning
Satisfactory completion of Year 11 Sports Science or HOD approval.
The Year 12 Sports Science course includes:
- An optional 3 day experience at Motutapu Outdoor Education Centre. This trip includes students participating in a range of outdoor activities, including kayaking, high ropes, stand up paddle boarding, confidence course and group challenges.
- Learning about anatomy, biomechanics and skill learning, relating to Volleyball.
- Improving student’s practical performance and social responsibility in Ultimate Frisbee and any chosen sport.
- Develop and apply group processes through a range of team activities.
- Plan and run a physical activity event
Physical Education & Health
Assessment Policy & Procedures
13 Sports Science, 13 Sports Studies
Tertiary education in - Physical Education, Physiotherapy, Medicine, Occupational therapy, Teaching, Sports Science, Nutrition, Recreation and Leisure. Careers in - Health and Fitness Centres, Recreation Centres, Regional Sports Trusts, Coaching and Sports Management, Sports Psychology, National Sport Foundations, Public Health Organisations.
Course Costs and Equipment/ Stationery requirements
Optional Activities - Motutapu Outdoor Education experience ( approx cost $400), Tough Girl / Tough Guy Challenge ( approx cost $65 ).
Health and Fitness Centres, Recreation Centres, Regional Sports Trusts, Coaching and Sports Management, Sports Psychology, National Sport Foundations, Public Health Organisations
We aim to enable every student to have the course that they prefer, however, some courses have limited places or pre-requisits that may restrict the student's choice.