Teacher in Charge: Miss T. ClarkeRecommended Prior Learning
Year 12 French or equivalent (first half of B1 level on the Common European Framework for Languages).
Year 13 French
Year 13 is all about justifying and challenging ideas and opinions, and looking at world issues.
In Year 13, we…
Se noyer dans un verre d'eau
Our topics in Year 13 are:
- Poems and Fables by Jacques Prévert and Jean de La Fontaine.
- The Environment - different types of pollution, small actions to improve it, renewable energy.
- Le Petit Prince by de Saint-Exupéry.
- Immigration and Discrimination - diversity in France, Maghreb migration movements, the Roms, racism and discrimination in the world, in NZ and personal experiences of it.
- Current Events - in France and in the world.
An example of a Year 13 interaction:
Education Perfect: $23. Our online vocabulary learning tool, is optional, but highly recommended. This is one charge for all languages.
Renash Level 3: $22. This is a book that contains vocabulary and grammar that links to the Year 13 programme. It is a useful tool during writing assessments. This is optional, but recommended.
|Renash Level 3||Voluntary||$22.00|
Travel and Tourism, Business, Communications, Actor, Historian, Foreign Policy Officer, Teacher, Immigration Officer, Translator, Intelligence Officer, Interpreter, NGO, United Nations, Journalism, Historian, Flight Attendant, Technical Writer, Editor, Medicine, Engineering, Doctor, Nurse, Social worker
We aim to enable every student to have the course that they prefer, however, some courses have limited places or pre-requisits that may restrict the student's choice.