13 Sports Science
Teacher in Charge: Ms C. McConachie
Recommended Prior Learning
Satisfactory completion of Year 12 Sports Science or HOD approval.
In this course you will:
- Appraise and analyse performance in swimming, including biomechanical knowledge.
- Apply knowledge of anatomy, physiology, exercise psychology and motor learning to devise a training programme to improve fitness for a 100m Breaststroke race.
- Perform a physical activity in relation to national standards, in swimming, at the tough girl or another approved activity (own sport).
- Analyse the safety management systems of an overnight outdoor education experience.
- Investigate a current physical activity event, trend, or issue and its impact on New Zealand society.
- An optional camp may be offered.
Physical Education & Health
Assessment Policy & Procedures
Course Costs and Equipment/ Stationery requirements
Optional activities - Outdoor Education camp ( approx $200) and Tough Gal Challenge (approx $65).
|Outdoor Education camp
|Tough Gal Challenge
health and fitness centres, recreation centres, regional sports trusts, coaching and sports management, sports psychology, national sport foundations, public health
We aim to enable every student to have the course that they prefer, however, some courses have limited places or pre-requisits that may restrict the student's choice.