Teacher in Charge: Mrs S. John
Year 9 Science starts to build the knowledge and skills that students will need to develop to understand and participate in a world that increasingly uses Science and Technology. These skills will provide opportunities to work towards a variety of career choices in a large range of interesting fields.
- Biology: Animal diversity, Cells and Microscopes
- Chemistry: Stranded on an Island. The nature of matter.
- Physics: Energy. Light.
- Astronomy: What is happening to the Earth in space? What’s out there in space?
Students in Year 9 will:-
- gain confidence and a sense of belonging in Science
- begin to develop self-management skills
- start to build a base of science knowledge and skills
- begin to develop research, investigative and thinking skills using scientific and evidence based approaches
- develop ways of working collaboratively with others by adopting different roles
- explore different ways of communicating